- Illinois Neurological Institute, part of OSF Saint Francis Medical Center in Peoria, Illinois, is seeking an inpatient, full-time, neurologist to expand our team.
- OSF Saint Francis Medical Center is a 649-bed tertiary care referral center that serves as the neurologic hub for the OSF Ministry. It serves as the main teaching hospital for the neurology and neurosurgery residencies, as well as several other residencies and fellowships, in collaboration with the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria.
- The schedule would be one week on/one week off. Overnight call is currently distributed amongst the entire group and averages 1-2/month.
- Neurohospitalist stroke experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- The expectation is to provide comprehensive management of adult neurologic patients in the acute care setting; including diagnostic and treatment decisions in the ED, deciding on thrombolytic and/or endovascular stroke treatments and management of other routine and complex inpatient neurologic conditions, collaborating multiple medical disciplines, supervision and teaching of neurology residents and residents from other disciplines,
- Participate in teleneurohospitalist rotations to deliver virtual inpatient non-emergent neurologic care within the system.
- Participate in quality improvement measures within the neurology department and the hospital for neurology-specific matters
- Competitive base salary plus incentives
- 208 hours PTO (4 weeks + 6 holidays) and will increase with years of service
- 480 hours sick time/year
- Signing bonus
- Paid occurrence based malpractice, CME, association membership dues
- Health, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid relocation
Live as big or small as your heart desires! Nestled in the Illinois River Valley, the Greater Peoria area provides opportunities for a variety of lifestyles. Live in the City of Peoria, with its urban amenities and hustle. Or choose a suburb small town or rural life, with a laid-back vibe and community schools.