Join the Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare
The Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare has an opportunity for a BC/BE Neurologist to join our team of Neurohospitalists at Hartford Hospital, an 867 bed tertiary care academic medical center located in Hartford Connecticut.
Highlights of this position
As Neurohospitalist, you will collaborate and communicate with other Neurologists and members of the hospital staff such as medicine hospitalists and attendings on other services, including a variety of ICUs. You will evaluate and provide consultations and/or management for patients in the Hartford Hospital ED and the Observation Unit.
- Schedule consists of 24 weeks of inpatient coverage per year defined as a full week 7 AM Monday – 7 AM Monday, including a share of evening call coverage.
- Inpatient services include attending coverage on the general neurology service, or neurology consult service (or some combination of the above).
- Provide hands-on clinical supervision and teaching for our residents, students, fellows, and advance practice providers.
- Teaching responsibilities may include teaching medical students and residents on bedside rounds for the consult and inpatient services.
- Actively participate in neurology didactic sessions, attendance at Grand Rounds and other teaching lectures as appropriate including monthly Neurohospitalist Lecture Series.
- May participate in other activities such as clinical research, quality improvement, patient experience initiatives, resident and faculty interviews, and lectures to professional or public audiences – as agreed upon with the faculty member and the Chief of Neurology.
About Hartford HealthCare’s Ayer Neuroscience Institute
The Ayer Neuroscience Institute at Hartford HealthCare is a rapidly expanding Institute with a focus on comprehensive patient care, academics, and research. The Institute enjoys the resources of a system committed to excellence in patient quality and experience and boasts an impressive staff of world class Neuroscience leaders. Our specialists span the areas of vascular neurology, neuro-oncology, neuromuscular, movement disorders, epilepsy, headache and pain management, cognitive neurology, neurosurgery, neuro-critical care and general neurology.
About Hartford HealthCare
The Hartford HealthCare network employs over 2,500 providers in over 400 practice locations throughout Connecticut, seven acute care hospitals including one of the largest academic and surgical hospitals in the northeast, thriving community teaching hospitals, and Hartford HealthCare Medical Group, one of the largest, physician-led, multi-specialty medical groups in New England.
This means MORE OPTIONS to propel careers to new heights and all within a deeply embedded culture of inclusion, innovation, and focus on the highest quality of care. We are teachers, researchers, leaders and, most of all, caregivers.
Hartford, Connecticut is located within two hours of Boston and New York City and offers access to the finest schools in the nation, four beautiful seasons of recreational activities, access to New England beaches and ski resorts, and options to live near the shore, in leafy suburbs, or in vibrant urban areas.
For more information and to schedule a 1:1 discussion
Call, text or email HHC’s Neuroscience Recruiter Clayton Tebbetts at: