ChristianaCare, a nationally recognized leader in healthcare, is actively recruiting a BE/BC Vascular Neurologist/Neurohospitalist to join our well-established physician-friendly practice at our Newark Campus. Collaborate with world-class specialists and departments including Neurointerventional surgery and Neurocritical care, as well as multiple other divisions across the institution. Treat a wide variety of patients with a challenging case mix equitable to major east coast academic institutions.
- 18 dedicated Neurocritical Care beds, 6 Transitional Neurology Unit beds, 2 Epilepsy Monitoring Unit beds, and 22 Stroke Treatment and Recovery (STAR) Unit beds.
- Christiana Hospital in Newark, Delaware: Level I Trauma Designation, Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Wilmington Hospital in Wilmington, Delaware: Primary Stroke Center
- Union Hospital in Elkton, Maryland: Acute Stroke Ready Hospital with Remote Coverage of Stroke Alerts
- Free Standing Emergency Department in Middletown, Delaware
- Recognized for high quality stroke care including American Heart Association's Gold Plus Stroke Award and the Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus Award.
- Consult and management of neurologic disease in the inpatient setting at the Newark (906 beds) and Wilmington (321 beds) campuses.
- Staff the stroke unit and manage acute stroke in the ED across our system and inpatient.
- Work 14-16 shifts per 4-week block
- Responsible for, on average, 6 overnight calls per 4-week block. Overnight call is via video from home after hours. No non-stroke overnight call.
- Cover inpatient stroke alerts remotely for Wilmington Hospital, Union Hospital and Middletown Emergency Department via video
- Opportunity to be involved in medical student and resident education.
- President/CEO Dr. Janice Nevin named among 50 Most Influential Clinical Executives in 2023 By Modern Healthcare
- Named among Forbes Best Employer for Diversity & Inclusion in The U.S. For 2023
About the Neurology Team
- 5 Board Certified Vascular Neurologists
- 3 Experienced Neurohospitalists
- 8 Advanced Practice Providers
- 15+ Provider Collaborating Outpatient General and Specialty Neurology Practice
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Base salary, bonus incentives, plus sign-on bonus. Eligibility for PSLF participation.
- Six Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Generous CME Paid Time and Allowance
- 403(b) (with company match), 457b and Defined Contribution Plans
- Fully paid malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Robust employee wellness program including a variety of membership and discount options.
- BE/BC Neurology
- BE/BC Vascular Neurology preferred
- Must have the ability to be licensed in the State of Delaware and Maryland and meet
Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic health care organizations! ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of primary care and outpatient services, home health care, urgent care centers, three hospitals (1,336 beds), a freestanding emergency department, a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health.
ChristianaCare is rated by Forbes as the 2nd best health system for diversity and inclusion, and the 29th best health system to work for in the United States, and by IDG Computerworld as one of the nation's Best Places to Work in IT. ChristianaCare is rated by Healthgrades as one of America's 50 Best Hospitals and continually ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report, Newsweek, and other national quality ratings.
Living in and around Delaware offers varied and affordable housing options in DE, PA, MD, or NJ. Connected by Amtrak and I-95 this region is a hub for excellent restaurants, entertainment and sporting venues, cultural events and some of the nation's best colleges and universities. Our location puts you within 1-3 hours of four international airports, major cities including Philadelphia, New York City and Washington, D.C., popular beach towns in MD, DE and NJ and popular ski resorts in PA and NY.
EEO Statement: Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
To learn more, contact Yvonne Marshall, Physician Recruiter
Contact for more information: