Join an expanding well-established physician-friendly practice! Collaborate with world-class specialists and departments including Neurointerventional surgery and Neurocritical care, as well as multiple other divisions across the institution. Challenging case mix equitable to major east coast academic institutions.
ChristianaCare is seeking a full-time Neurohospitalist/Vascular Neurologist to work in the Christiana Hospital (973 beds) in Newark, DE.
- BE/BC Neurology
- BE/BC Vascular Neurology preferred
- Eligible to obtain license in Delaware and Maryland
- The largest healthcare system in Delaware employing 13,000 caregivers.
- 18 dedicated Neurocritical Care beds, 6 Transitional Neurology Unit beds, 2 Epilepsy Monitoring Unit beds, and 22 Stroke Treatment and Recovery (STAR) Unit beds.
- State of the art acute care facilities (including Level I Trauma) at the Main Newark Campus Comprehensive Stroke Center, Wilmington Hospital Primary stroke center, Cecil County Hospital and Acute Stroke Ready Hospital at the Middletown ED in Middletown, DE.
- Recognized for high quality stroke care including American Heart Association's Gold Plus Stroke Award and the Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus Award.
- 1,350 employed physicians
- $2.112 Billion in annual revenue in FY 2020.
- Extensive teaching opportunities including an Internal Medicine, ED/IM, and psychiatry residents, medical students, and peer education. Academic appointment available via Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University.
Who We Are
- 5 Board Certified Vascular Neurologists
- 3 Experienced Neurohospitalists
- 8 Advanced Practice Providers
- 15+ Provider Collaborating Outpatient General and Specialty Neurology Practice
What We Do
- Consults and management of neurologic disease in the inpatient setting at the Newark (906 beds) and Wilmington (321 beds) campuses.
- Staff the stroke unit and manage acute stroke in the ED across our system and inpatient.
- Work 14-16 shifts per 4-week block
- Responsible for, on average, 6 overnight calls per 4-week block. Overnight call is via video from home after hours. No non-stroke overnight call.
- Cover inpatient stroke alerts remotely for Wilmington campus, Cecil Campus and Middletown ED via video
ChristianaCare Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
To learn more, contact Megan Hopkins.
Contact for more information: