Excellent opportunity for Inpatient Neurologist/Vascular Neurologist in GA
Northeast Georgia Physicians Group (NGPG) is seeking a compassionate Neurologist/Neurohospitalist to join our rapidly growing Neurosciences team to help facilitate quality based Neurological care for a medically diverse population of over 1.2 million patients in the Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) patient service area. The group fosters a culture inclusive of collegial relationships, supporting 24/7 advanced acute care neurology treatment, focusing on patient driven, quality-based care. If you have a passion for excellence in patient care, equally competent clinical skills, and are team oriented, you are encouraged to apply.
Education, Training, & Experience
- MD or DO
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Neurology
- Ability to obtain an active medical license in the State of Georgia
- Vascular Neurology or Neurophysiology fellowship is preferred but not required
- Functions well in a team environment, contributing to and supporting organizational goals and initiatives.
- Desire to be part of the development of a world-class Neurosciences program and a growing Neurology team.
- Inpatient Neurology role consists of 12-hour shifts with 7 days on and 7 days off
- Great work-life balance
- Consultative Neurology service with support of an exceptional Hospital Medicine team that includes 100 Hospitalists who are available in-house 24/7 to facilitate admissions, discharges and follow-ups
- 24/7 EEG Support
- Experienced support staff includes a dedicated Stroke Coordinator, Educator and Stroke Navigator
- Opportunities for research and working with residents from our multidisciplinary GME programs available
- EMR Platform – Integrated Epic/HER with HIMSS Stage 7 validation
- Exceptional employed Hospitalist & Critical Care team, consisting of over 100 providers, offers 24/7 support to the consulting
- Neurology service in helping to facilitate admissions, discharges and follow-ups.
- Dedicated Neuro ICU, Neuro Intermediate Care Unit and dedicated Med-Surg/Cardiac Medicine Units
- Inpatient care team is complemented by an equally impressive Outpatient Neurology team consisting of 9 experienced Neurologists and 7 APPs.
- Our growing multidisciplinary Neurosciences team consists of experienced fellowship trained Neurohospitalists, Neurosurgeons, Neuroradiologists, Neurointensivists and dedicated Neuro Advanced Practice Providers.
- Stroke Program supports a foundation of comprehensive acute care Neurology, with impressive quality and registry metrics supporting over 100 endovascular cases in the past 6 months.
Benefits of Working at Northeast Georgia Health System
- Excellent Compensation and Benefits package
- NGHS is a Teaching Hospital with a growing GME program
- America’s 50 Best Hospitals – Healthgrades
- Recognized in recent years as Georgia’s #1 Hospital for overall hospital care, overall surgical care, heart care, orthopedic surgery, women’s care and more
- Thriving economy, low cost of living, and Award-Winning Schools
- Endless Outdoor Activities including hiking, biking, and world-class water sports on Lake Lanier
- Short Commute only 45 minutes to Atlanta, Atlanta-Hartsfield International Airport and 45 minutes to the North Georgia Mountains
Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC-Gainesville) is a 557-bed Level II Trauma Center located in Gainesville, Georgia providing a wide array of healthcare services complemented by a medical staff of over 1100+ members that represent a vast range of primary care and sub-specialty physicians. NGMC-Braselton opened April 1, 2015, as a 140+ bed community hospital with the potential to grow rapidly in the next few years. NGMC-Barrow is a 56-bed hospital that was acquired in January 2017. With the combined hospitals, that totals over 700 beds!
With over 600 providers, NGPG offers Highly Competitive Compensation Plans, 401K Matching / 457B Plans and Life, Health & Disability Insurance.
We are in the fourth-fastest growing area in the country with activities for all ages including beautiful hiking, mountain bike trails and water sports on Lake Lanier.